Monday, July 2, 2012

Omar Henry Interview.


Today we have the up and coming contender Omar "OH" Henry.

A.N.T: Omar Henry how you doing?
OMAR: I am good man, feeling good out in Puerto Rico enjoying my vacation.
A.N.T:  I see you are coming off a 10 round demolishing through a very tough opponent, could you run us through your victory?
OMAR:  Well I first want to thank God for allowing me to step in the ring, and also all my family, friends, and fans for the support and watching my fight.  Of course as you saw the guy was tough, but there where times where the referee could have stopped it but hey that is boxing.  No complain from me, but I did what I came to do and that was win.
A.N.T:  It seemed like the guy was taking some serious damage, do you think this fight was critical to your road to a championship?
OMAR:  Of course, biggest reason lots of critics said I would not last 10 rounds, and I proved I did.  I showcased my boxing ability, my defense, ducking and dodging punches.
A.N.T:  OK after you fight they asked you who do you want next?  You called out some names, but rumor is the guys you said are going to fight each other.  Where does that leave you?
OMAR:  It really does not affect me at all, because Don has already signed me up for fights this year, and if all goes well I should be ending this year at 15-0.  That is really where my name will be in the mix.  As of right now I call guys out but lets be honest I do not think they want to fight me.
A.N.T:  Do you think its because your record?  Or because they feel its a step back?  Maybe they do not want to risk a lost?
OMAR:  I think its really the way boxing is now.  Back then you can see people would call you out and in 6 months your in the ring with them.  Now guys like to dodge, and hide in any kind of way.  There is lots of boxers that have said I have no skills, but when they see me in person they act like friends.
A.N.T:  We wont really get into a lot of that, but if a situation arose where a fighter said in articles that you have no skills?  And there team comes out and wants to fight would you?
OMAR:  Of course.  Again I have put in work with champions not chumps. and it seems like some guys love to talk about me.  Maybe there jealous of me or how many fans I have.  I mean again I am calling all 154 fighters. I am ready all they have to do is call Don King and tell them that they want to fight.  I am going to be the king of 154 its a PROMISE!!.
A.N.T: Well Omar thank you for your time I hope you achieve greatness in your career and keep it moving.  Hopefully this year we see more of you in action.
OMAR:  Thanks man, again I want everyone to write down on their calendar July 28 I will be in action again.  Follow me on Twitter @OmarHenry, and look for me on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment