Sunday, July 15, 2012

Danny Garcia king of 140?


Saturday July 14 might have been the day we crown a new king, and a star has blossomed. With what all experts and people said was suppose to be a walk through.  Even the HBO commentators kept on saying on how Khan would be fighting Mayweather after this, and how Danny was being rushed into the spotlight.  After all that I still believed Danny could do what he had to do and that was win.  Pretty or not he was going to win.  Yea lets give Khan credit because when this fight was being rumored I myself thought Khan was taking a risk against a hungry young man.  To me Danny skills are skill being polished, but on and on he has showed he has elite power.  When Khan promised he was going to KO Danny, it really just showed that he was going to go into the trenches and slug it out.  Which if I was in his corner I would have told him not too.  Not the smartest thing to do against a kid that has showed one good punch he can seriously hurt you.  Just ask Morales who all of a sudden now is asking for a rematch too.  That is not because he thought he won, but now Danny is the Cash man in the 140 division.  So he wants to take as much of money with him before he retires.  Now lets look at certain things.  Where does Khan go from here?  If I was in his shoes first thing I would do is take a long vacation, being to weight my options.  I would not move up in class because those fighters in 147 are much stronger and much faster.  So I would stay in 140, and search for maybe a big tuneup style fight.  Maybe convince Bradley to finally fight me which in many boxing heads mind want to see that happen.  Invite Bradley to fight in England, and that could turn out huge numbers.  Plus Bradley is not such a power puncher so Khan would be able to showcase his skills and box him.  That would be a ideal option.  You then have the chance to also fight Alexander, and you could put up a fight with him too.  To me Khan is not done, but he should not fight a power puncher as of right now.  As far as Danny he can just go for the big dogs.  I would go straight to Juan Manuel Marquez, and challenge him.  That would be super big, and it can just sell with the title of Mexico vs. Puerto Rico, which all fans would buy it.  It would bring back memories.  Some may criticize me, but I don't think Marquez is done and he could give Danny lots of problems.  If not Marquez then I would go straight to Lucas, and challenge him.  But after last nights fight I got off the phone with team Danny, and rumor is Zab Judah is already in line for a December fight.  Danny is being considered, and to my understanding Judah team has already sent a offer to fight.  If its true it will be on the under card of Cotto as he fights in December too in Yankee Stadium.  Which of course golden boy will be promoting also, and they will make it big.  To end I just want to say BOXING IS NOT DEAD!!!

-William

No comments:

Post a Comment